Friday, July 25, 2008

Head Trauma and Fat

I found it especially difficult to get up for boot camp this morning. Maybe it was my long day yesterday: I got up at 5:00 am, worked out, came home to 3 awake and hungry children (lucky for Jon, Jacob is now sleeping 12 hours at night and is waking up right when I get home), did the whole kid thing until 2 PM when our babysitter came so I could go to work for 7 hours. Then, of course, just as I was about to get off, a young man on his 21st birthday decided to go for a motorcycle ride with no helmet and rear end a pick up truck at high speed. Massive facial trauma, a subdural hematoma, and leaking CSF... he will be lucky to see his 22nd birthday. Surprisingly, he wasn't even drinking. So, then I had to stay at work for an extra 1/2 hour and the subsequent adrenaline rush kept me awake long into the night.

Or, maybe I found it hard to get up because today was our last day of boot camp and the tape measure and fat pincher thingy would be making another unwelcome appearance. I wasn't very optimistic because I had been weighing myself and had somehow gained 1-2 pounds over the past month. Muscle! Right.

Well, the results are in fact encouraging...I lost 3 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, and 1 inch from my chest (kind of sad, but oh well). My legs each got bigger (muscle) and so did my left arm (random, I know). Overall, I lost 3% body fat. Merlin the magic man said that if I continued the program for 1 more month I would be down to about where I want to be. But, since that isn't in the financial cards for us...my sister is going to be training me every morning instead. I am generally happy with the results. Not Victoria's Secret Bikini Model happy, but happy nonetheless. It appears I am a Skinnier Fat Skinny Person! Sorry to disappoint, but there will be no pictures posted yet...I think the backdrop of sunny Mexico will be better suited for displaying my results (and it will give me 2 more weeks!). But, in the meantime I will leave you with two beautiful girls in their swim suits...



1 comment:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

You did a good job!! Better then I would ever have! I haven't exercised very much--may I hire Andrea too? And we could do it together??

Did the motorcyle thing freak you out because of family? That's awful!
Remind me to tell you about this random thing that I saw Friday afternoon about 4:57 on Liberty inbetween the parking lot and the Pads "corp" headquarters...a man and a bike and what I think was an SUV..still can't get the image out of my head...

monday,...uyck.! :)
xo,
ebs